This was my third cake ever attempted. It was prior to any cake classes or You Tube tutorials. I googled topsy turvy cake and tried to mimic what I saw. So this is what I did:
- I baked cake. Lots of cake. I did a simple white cake recipe x4.
- I separated the batter into thirds. I dyed 1/3 purple, 1/3 blue and 1/3 green (my sister’s favorite colors)
- Put a dollop of each color on top of each other until each pan is 1/2 full. I used a 8 in round, 6 in round and 4 in round.
- Bake as directed on box or per recipe
- Let cool completely before frosting
- Tort and add filling for each layer
This is where the crazyness begins. Because it is too difficult to describe via text, here is a tutorial on how to get the topsy turvy look on a cake.
View original post 369 more words